Inspired again by Ali’s Daily Story Stamp set.
Wednesdays are busy around here after school. Here’s our routine:
- Walk home. (2:30)
- Snack. Today was mint cookie crunch ice cream. Most of the time they grab an apple, but today, Oliver and I went to the store for ice cream.
- Holden and Oliver go to Wacky Wednesday where they do crafts, bible time, and sing worship songs. (3:30-5:30)
- Coda goes to swim team. (3:40-4:30)
- We walk to pick up Coda and he gets some Minecraft/ iPod time if he’s done with his homework and Awana. I cook dinner. Sometimes we make sandwiches for the boys and we go out while they are at Awana. Tonight, I made green chili cheese egg puffs (<— this wasn’t the exact recipe I used, but close) the same ones Kenzie made for Thanksgiving breakfast. They are so yummy. I even froze a batch for easy morning breakfast.
- Coda, Holden, and Oliver go to Awana. (6:15-7:40) We have date night. Sometimes we do dinner, sometimes we run errands, sometimes we just wander around Home Depot. Tonight, we grabbed Starbucks holiday drinks and did some returns at Kohls and Best Buy.
- Home by 8. Boys get ready for bed. Jammies, teeth brushed, potty, story. Tonight we read How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food? form the literacy bag that Oliver brought home from school. He was so excited about getting the bag today. It came with the story (English and Spanish versions) and a dino stuffed animal. He took the dino with him everywhere today. He even named him Thorn.
- Wednesday nights typically take longer then normal to go to bed. Or maybe the same amount of time, it’s just a later start. Holden and Oliver like to sing and talk for a little too long. And Holden has been doing the “I’m scared.” thing every night lately. But, eventually they will go to sleep.
Overheard tonight… Oliver, “When Holden is scared, he has to remember God is always with him.”
WOW! That’s a messy room.
. . . . . . .
Documenting December posts here.
LIKE Table for Five on Facebook to stay up to date on blog posts.